FAO recently published it’s “E-Learning Methodologies” publication which serves as a guide for designing and developing e-learning courses. More and more it becomes important to focus beyond the mere technological side and understand the importance of instructional design and related processes that are crucial when you want to start with e-learning. The current e-learning debate is still heavily dominated by the choice of tools and technologies.This guide is a good counter recipe that shows you from the methodological side how to go about designing an e-learning course, how to create interactive content and how to manage and evaluate your e-learning activities. Recommended for everybody who is about to start with e-learning in his or her institution. Not only a good overview of the entire instructional cycle but also practical models for content creation, delivery and evaluation. One remaining question: “When is FAO launching an interactive e-learning module about the content which is available in this guide”?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Mobile learning toolkit launched
- social network analysis
- Facilitation method: World Café
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- The After Action Review (AAR) - capturing knowledge
- 20 hours to learn something new?
- The ADDIE Instructional Design
- Knowledge Management
- E-mail management
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
Tagsaudiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development conference creativity design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab lifelong e-learning methodology methods mobile learning OER online online educa open source podcasting social media staff development statistics storytelling technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- #itcilo People innovate, processes consolidate bit.ly/16Ncp01 http://t.co/JwVYt3ubOO 1 day ago
- #itcilo Nueva edición curso a distancia “Enfrentar los problemas de empleo juvenil”, 01 Julio-31 Octubre 2013 empleojuvenil.itcilo.org 2 days ago
- RT @UN: Out this week: 2013 edition of @WHO World Health Statistics -- definitive source of data on world health goo.gl/jIvAM #St… 3 days ago
- #itcilo Collaboration that works bit.ly/Z0OMxO 6 days ago
- #itcilo Green jobs for sustainable development: introduction to concepts and practices (NEW) - Distance Learning itcilo.org/greenjobs 6 days ago
- 105,468 hits