Practical and inspiring guides with innovative and participatory learning and knowledge sharing methods are always interesting to read. “Gamestorming, a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and change“, written by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo is a good illustrative example. The entire instructional cycle of a meaningful learning or working event is documented in a very visual and pragmatical way. It moves beyond the usual participatory methodologies such as ‘fishbowl‘, ‘world cafe‘ and ‘open space‘ and introduces you to a variety of new techniques from ‘bodystorming’ until ‘spectrum mapping’. The book is also structured along the cyclical nature of an event from opening until closing and shows you the different creative processes that occur during an event (diverging, emerging and converging). For facilitators and trainers it is handy because the methods are written in a way that you can apply them immediately on-the-job. The book has a virtual extension on http://www.gogamestorm.com/. Any other must reads in this area of participatory learning and knowledge sharing?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Takeaways from the UNESCO Mobile Learning Week 2015
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- Learning with tablets
- social network analysis
- The Compass Cards are out there! Your direction for learning and training.
- Facilitation method: World Café
- Collaborative writing. The world of wiki's.
- Community of Practice
- The After Action Review (AAR) - capturing knowledge
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
africa audiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development collaboration compass conference creativity DELTA blog design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation filming future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO KM knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab learning link lifelong e-learning link method methodologies methodology methods mobile mobile learning moodle network OER online online educa open source open space participants pedagogical peer assist plone podcasting potential powerpoint practice preactice presentation problem resolution RSS screencasting secondlife sharing experience slidehare social media staff development statistics storytelling syndication technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- #itcilo The Compass Toolkit in your Pocket! bit.ly/17TrRty 15 hours ago
- #itcilo LL.M. in Intellectual Property apply till 27 March 2015 turin-ip.com 1 day ago
- #itcilo Master in Management of Development mandev.itcilo.org/introduction 1 day ago
- RT @tomwambeke: take aways from the UNESCO mobile learning week 2015 @ITCILO #mobile learning @UNESCO itcilo.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/tak… 1 day ago
- #itcilo 1,100 followers on Twitter :-) 1 week ago
- 144,902 hits