Practical and inspiring guides with innovative and participatory learning and knowledge sharing methods are always interesting to read. “Gamestorming, a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and change“, written by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo is a good illustrative example. The entire instructional cycle of a meaningful learning or working event is documented in a very visual and pragmatical way. It moves beyond the usual participatory methodologies such as ‘fishbowl‘, ‘world cafe‘ and ‘open space‘ and introduces you to a variety of new techniques from ‘bodystorming’ until ‘spectrum mapping’. The book is also structured along the cyclical nature of an event from opening until closing and shows you the different creative processes that occur during an event (diverging, emerging and converging). For facilitators and trainers it is handy because the methods are written in a way that you can apply them immediately on-the-job. The book has a virtual extension on http://www.gogamestorm.com/. Any other must reads in this area of participatory learning and knowledge sharing?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- The After Action Review (AAR) - capturing knowledge
- Massive Online Open Course on "Crowdfunding for Development"
- Facilitation method: World Café
- social network analysis
- Mobile Learning with Tablets: Free E-Book for Trainers
- learning about scenario planning and thinking
- Towards a new organization ?
- Human centered learning design
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
africa audiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development collaboration compass conference creativity crowdfunding DELTA blog design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation filming future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO KM knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab learning link lifelong e-learning link method methodologies methodology methods mobile mobile learning moodle network OER online online educa open source open space participants pedagogical peer assist plone podcasting potential powerpoint practice preactice presentation problem resolution RSS screencasting secondlife sharing experience social media staff development statistics storytelling tablets technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- #itcilo Esperti in bilancio dall’Africa e Caraibi cr.piemonte.it/web/comunicati… 3 hours ago
- #itcilo INTERNSHIP VACANCY NOTICE No: 21-2015 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (SDP) bit.ly/1zfCC2S 4 hours ago
- RT @crpiemonte: Prés. Mauro Laus et P. Frascisco présentent le système régional et de budget du #Piémont à des experts de budget au master … 4 hours ago
- RT @ITCILOmigration: @ITCILO Thank you for the follow! 5 hours ago
- #itcilo Master in World Heritage and Cultural Projects for Development, from 14 October 2015 to 1 October 2016 visit worldheritage.itcilo.org/home 5 hours ago
- 150,459 hits