Practical and inspiring guides with innovative and participatory learning and knowledge sharing methods are always interesting to read. “Gamestorming, a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and change“, written by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo is a good illustrative example. The entire instructional cycle of a meaningful learning or working event is documented in a very visual and pragmatical way. It moves beyond the usual participatory methodologies such as ‘fishbowl‘, ‘world cafe‘ and ‘open space‘ and introduces you to a variety of new techniques from ‘bodystorming’ until ‘spectrum mapping’. The book is also structured along the cyclical nature of an event from opening until closing and shows you the different creative processes that occur during an event (diverging, emerging and converging). For facilitators and trainers it is handy because the methods are written in a way that you can apply them immediately on-the-job. The book has a virtual extension on http://www.gogamestorm.com/. Any other must reads in this area of participatory learning and knowledge sharing?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- L&T Toolkits
- Mobile Learning with Tablets: Free E-Book for Trainers
- Facilitation method: World Café
- Visualizing with Infographics
- Learning at the edge of chaos
- Visual narratives to learn from
- Self guided e-learning ?
- Introduction to E-learning Methodologies
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
africa audiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development collaboration compass conference creativity DELTA blog design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation filming future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO KM knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab learning link lifelong e-learning link method methodologies methodology methods mobile mobile learning moodle network OER online online educa open source open space participants pedagogical peer assist plone podcasting potential powerpoint practice preactice presentation problem resolution RSS screencasting secondlife sharing experience slidehare social media staff development statistics storytelling tablets technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- #itcilo Join in building a Culture of Prevention on OSH ilo.org/legacy/english… 1 day ago
- #itcilo Development Cooperation Academy for ILO Staff bit.ly/1cBoeuZ 1 day ago
- #itcilo “Indigenous and tribal peoples: Rights and development”: bit.ly/1yApFnA http://t.co/VNsBuBSBGq 1 day ago
- RT @UNDPEurasia: A Tree Grows in...#Data See how we're visualizing #HumanDevelopment: ow.ly/LHN7c HT @UNDP #data2015 http://t.co… 1 day ago
- #itcilo INTERNSHIP VACANCY NOTICE No: 19/2015 - Training and Participant Support – Guest Relations Unit (GUESTREL) bit.ly/1zfCC2S 2 days ago
- 147,928 hits