Practical and inspiring guides with innovative and participatory learning and knowledge sharing methods are always interesting to read. “Gamestorming, a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and change“, written by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo is a good illustrative example. The entire instructional cycle of a meaningful learning or working event is documented in a very visual and pragmatical way. It moves beyond the usual participatory methodologies such as ‘fishbowl‘, ‘world cafe‘ and ‘open space‘ and introduces you to a variety of new techniques from ‘bodystorming’ until ‘spectrum mapping’. The book is also structured along the cyclical nature of an event from opening until closing and shows you the different creative processes that occur during an event (diverging, emerging and converging). For facilitators and trainers it is handy because the methods are written in a way that you can apply them immediately on-the-job. The book has a virtual extension on http://www.gogamestorm.com/. Any other must reads in this area of participatory learning and knowledge sharing?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Learning with tablets
- Mobile Learning with Tablets: Free E-Book for Trainers
- Educational objectives
- Massive Online Open Course on "Crowdfunding for Development"
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- Facilitation method: World Café
- The Compass Cards are out there! Your direction for learning and training.
- Learning at the edge of chaos
- Graphic Facilitation, what is it all about?
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
africa audiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development collaboration compass conference creativity crowdfunding DELTA blog design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation filming future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO KM knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab learning link lifelong e-learning link method methodologies methodology methods mobile mobile learning moodle network OER online online educa open source open space participants pedagogical peer assist plone podcasting potential powerpoint practice preactice presentation problem resolution RSS screencasting secondlife sharing experience social media staff development statistics storytelling tablets technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- #itcilo Master in Management of Development. 09/11/2015 – 31/10/2016 on-line application by 25.9.15 at mandev.itcilo.org. 5 days ago
- #itcilo #itcilo Academia sobre Economía Social y Solidaria, 23-27/11/15 Puebla, México, socialeconomy.itcilo.org http://t.co/5PxTFcv7Rg 5 days ago
- #itcilo Academy on Rural Development/Académie sur le développement rural/Academia Desarrollo Rural 12-23.10.15 apply bit.ly/1TTnTV2 5 days ago
- #itcilo Programme de formation à distance pour les formateurs 28.9-4.12 2015 agriculture-my.coop http://t.co/stJNPjtdGk 5 days ago
- #itcilo Programa a distancia de formación de formadores 28.9-4.12 2015 agriculture-my.coop http://t.co/4VlQPOU9Uc 5 days ago
- 153,287 hits