Practical and inspiring guides with innovative and participatory learning and knowledge sharing methods are always interesting to read. “Gamestorming, a playbook for innovators, rulebreakers, and change“, written by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo is a good illustrative example. The entire instructional cycle of a meaningful learning or working event is documented in a very visual and pragmatical way. It moves beyond the usual participatory methodologies such as ‘fishbowl‘, ‘world cafe‘ and ‘open space‘ and introduces you to a variety of new techniques from ‘bodystorming’ until ‘spectrum mapping’. The book is also structured along the cyclical nature of an event from opening until closing and shows you the different creative processes that occur during an event (diverging, emerging and converging). For facilitators and trainers it is handy because the methods are written in a way that you can apply them immediately on-the-job. The book has a virtual extension on http://www.gogamestorm.com/. Any other must reads in this area of participatory learning and knowledge sharing?
About L&T BlogThe L&T blog of the ITC-ILO is a knowledge sharing and staff development tool at the intersection of learning, training and technology. This blog will inform you timely on news, ideas, tools and comments related to learning methodology and technology.
- Facilitate a Fishbowl Discussion
- Knowledge Management
- social network analysis
- Facilitation method: Open space methodology/technology
- Building toolkits about learning, training and knowledge sharing.
- Facilitation method: World Café
- The After Action Review (AAR) - capturing knowledge
- On innovation and creativity
- The art of asking questions
- L&T Toolkits
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Linkedin
Subscribe by Feeds
Subscribe by E-Mail
Subscribe to my podcast
Tagsaudiovisual augmented reality blog capacity development conference creativity design distance learning e-learning e-learning Africa employers facilitation future infographics informal learning innovation ITC-ILO knowledge management knowledge sharing learning learning lab lifelong e-learning methodology methods mobile learning OER online online educa open source podcasting social media staff development statistics storytelling technology enhanced learning toolkit tools training twitter UN video visual visualization web2.0 youtube
- RT @UN: Out this week: 2013 edition of @WHO World Health Statistics -- definitive source of data on world health goo.gl/jIvAM #St… 14 hours ago
- #itcilo Collaboration that works bit.ly/Z0OMxO 3 days ago
- #itcilo Green jobs for sustainable development: introduction to concepts and practices (NEW) - Distance Learning itcilo.org/greenjobs 3 days ago
- RT @GuyRyder: ILO stepping up efforts to eradicate workplace discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation.Read: http://t.co/EIVn4q4w… 3 days ago
- #itcilo The Centre welcomes Mr Gilbert Houngbo, ILO Deputy Director-General, Field Operations and Partnerships bit.ly/1010TWS 5 days ago
- 105,272 hits